Life is getting frustrating for Villa fans now. We’re not playing poorly like last season, in fact, some of the goals in the Everton game were sublime to add to the wonder goals Villa scored earlier in the season on Merseyside at Anfield. It’s slack mistakes that are killing us. Despite this there is some hope and reasons to be positive as a Aston Villa fan.
1. The fact that Villa are finding the back of the net away from home gives them a good chance in the relegation dogfight. Any team who can score three at Goodison shouldn’t really be messing around in the lower regions of the league. Two away at West Brom and Swansea in January, proves it’s no fluke. If only we could defend.
2. Villa will have Christian Benteke for at least 13 more games. If Villa are to survive, a lot of it will be down to the beast. If Benteke can notch 20 for the season, we should be ok.
3. Villa are pretty decent in the first half of games. In fact, we’re Europa League contenders at the moment, if games were just 45 minutes long.
4. While the two new Villa signings were underwhelming, they were also to some extent unexpected. Lets be honest, knowing our board at the moment, we wouldn’t have been surprised if there were no new faces at Bodymoor Heath. Hopefully, Simon Dawkins and Yacouba Sylla will both be better than a kick in the teeth.
5. Errrr….nowadays you can get good odds from the bookies on Villa winning games!
Aston Villa to beat West Ham by 1 goal is 4/1 on Bet365 (better than 2.50 to win)
The following midweek International Four-fold – 26/1 on Bet365
*England/Brazil draw, Ireland/Poland draw, Spain win (vs Uruguay), Belgium win vs (Slovakia)*
Take advantage of the Bet365 offer to match your opening deposit with up to £200 FREE BETS. Open an account by clicking on the following tab to take advantage: