We all know a Villa fan tends to love a good moan and are pessimists by nature (a pessimist is never disappointed), but here’s five reasons to be positive under manager Paul Lambert at the moment since Villa’s trip to the Etihad.
1. We don’t surrender cup competitions to Manchester City any more.
2. In Ron Vlaar, Villa once again have a fan-favourite talisman centre back from another land. A good Villa tradition of recent years.
3. Villa actually have a choice of four decent strikers in: Bent, Agbonlahor, Benteke and Weimann.
4. Alex McLeish finally made a positive contribution to Villa, with the signing of Brett Holman starting to pay off. Finally a player who’ll give his all for the team.
5. Last but not least, Stan Petrov is in remission. #onestanpetrov
Follow MOMS on Facebook here