Aston Villa Wembley Pub Guide
As is routine with Wembley Stadium matches, the pubs in the local area are split according to which team has the West and East sides of the stadium.
Like both FA Cup games against Liverpool and Arsenal back in 2015, and last year’s Championship final against Fulham, Aston Villa are on the west side of the stadium, meaning they have yet again been allocated The Green Man et al.
Villa go into the game as 6/5 favourites, which may prompt some fans to consult oddsexpert.co.uk to back Villa with a wager on the day, but, as we’ve seen from recent visits, whether Villa’s fans are in the west or east side of Wembley, offers little advantage, even from a superstitious point of view.
The main reason for such placement of fans is transport links, with the Wembley Park to Birmingham Moor Street train allowing Villans a direct train route in and out. So, they’ll be a very familiar feel to proceedings on May 27th as the claret and blue army come to North West London.
The Green Man is a firm favourite of Villa fans and a popular pilgrimage, so being on the west side of the stadium with access to the Wembley Park outlets and restaurants is always a bonus on the day.
Back in 2015, The Green Man was first rate in helping MOMS store the giant surfer flag that Wembley had ridiculously banned from the FA Cup final in 2015 (we managed to later display it at the City Ground in a friendly against Nottingham Forest and then surf it on the Holte End, when Arsenal visited).
Please find the Aston Villa Wembley pub list below…
The Designated Aston Villa Wembley Pubs
- The Green Man, Dagmar Avenue, Wembley, HA9 8DF
- Liquor Station, 379 High Road, Wembley, HA9 6AA
- JJ Moons, 397 High Road, Wembley, HA9 7DT
- Masti, 576 – 582 High Road, Wembley, HA0 2AA
- Flannery’s Bar, 610 High Road, Wembley, HA0 2AF
- Station 31 (Speakeasy), 299 -303 Harrow Road, Wembley, HA9 6BD
- The Corner House (Mannions), 313 Harrow Road, Wembley, HA9 6BA
- The Arch (temporarily closed), 324 Harrow Road, Wembley, HA9 8LL
- Holiday Inn, Empire Way, HA9 8DS
- St George Hotel, 43 -51 Wembley Hill Road, HA9 8AU
- Ibis Hotel, South Way, Wembley, HA9 8AD
- Best Western Hotel, 365 Wembley High Road, HA9 6AY
- Events Pad – Fan Zone, Wembley Park Boulevard
- Box Park, Olympic Way, Wembley HA9 OJT
- Tesco and the grassy roundabout thingy