Aston Villa 4 West Brom 3 – 2014
Crazy opening eight minutes. Crazy first half. Crazy amount of goals. Crazy types of goals. But nothing more crazy than Aston Villa actually winning a game at Villa Park for a change. Crazy! Five Reasons to be cheerful as Aston Villa fans after much needed three home points…
1. Entertainment at Villa Park! It’s been a while. Same again next time, lads?
2. Spirit. At 2-0 down after only eight minutes, the curse of Villa’s home form was getting beyond a joke. Fair play to the lads for knuckling down and not going missing. If there’s one thing this team has got and that is spirit, it also got us three points out of nowhere from the Manchester City and Southampton games too. It’s just a shame that sometimes it’s only sparked into life after a bit of adversity first!
3. Meanwhile, as the goal crazy excitement was going on, Christian Benteke made it three goals in three games. A very good sign indeed. It seems the big Belgian prefers the second half of the season for getting his eye in. It’s all good. A hat-trick should be coming up soon enough.
4. Apparently, recently, somebody else has been calling themselves the ‘Pride of the Midlands’? Haha, the very thought of it. Nuff said.
5. Historically, football fans have marveled over the gifted Dutch masters: Johan Cruyff’s turn, Dennis Bergkamp’s soccer sorcery and Robin Van Persie’s ruthlessness. At Villa Park, we got to witness one of the most poetic, exquisite and beautifully finished goals ever executed by a Dutchman, Leandro Bacuna’s unique equaliser… Seriously though, Bacuna’s goal was certainly one of a kind. Try recreating that in the park at the weekend. Meanwhile, we also found out that Fabian Delph only scores wonder strikes. More please! UTV