Crystal Palace – ‘We Go Again’ and lose again.
Well, could Villa’s home record get any worse? Er. Yes. Four loses on the trot and the alarm bells are ringing and the calls of ‘Lambert Out’ are growing louder. Another home game to come, with the fixture against Swansea looking vital. We go again. So what’s the five reasons to be cheerful as a Villa fan? (Thanks to the Villa fans credited on Twitter for assistance!)
1. Massive improvement from last Boxing Day. Paul Lambert has improved on the 4-0 drubbing by Spurs with a +3 goal difference. Based on that kind of improvement, next season’s Boxing Day has got to be a guaranteed three points!
2. New Year rail fare increases to get to Villa Park are not as high as expected. That’s if you’ll be continuing to make the trip that is (Inspired by
3. There’s still trips to Old Trafford, Anfield, the Etihad and White Hart Lane to look forward to. before we are relegated (if we get relegated 😉 ). Not only that, but there are only 364 days left to Christmas. (Inspired by
4. Apparently NBC US TV Station screened six games live today, thankfully for our friends across the Atlantic Villa wasn’t one of them. Brad Guzan’s family were also spared the Christmas holiday horror. (Inspired by
5. The Villa vs Blues derby could be back on, sooner than we thought…well, some fans enjoy it. (Inspired by
PS – Another reason to be cheerful is you all probably got more Christmas presents than MOMS. We got jack, after our flight to our Christmas destination was cancelled. No presents and no points! FFS.