Unbeaten run starts, another clean sheet and at least we’re not Norwich
West Ham 0 Aston Villa 0. There was an air of predictably about that result (I actually bet on it!). Still, if Benteke had put away his two late chances, Villa could have easily snatched it. That’s four games without a goal. It’s an alarming stat, but there are other reasons for the Villa fan not to get too gloomy about it…
1. Aston Villa’s long unbeaten run spanning November and December 2013 is officially up and running! We have a run of fixtures that surely should rack up some points too.
2. Well, that’s three clean sheets in the league in the first 10 games of the season. Considering Villa didn’t have one in the last ten games of last season (or in a run of almost 30 games), this suggests that the defence – with pretty much the same personal – has learnt from their mistakes and toughen up.
3. When I saw the teamsheet with Fabian Delph added to the missing Gabby (who would have made a difference in a game like today’s), I feared the worst. West Ham away has always traditionally been a tricky place for any Villa team to come, so not to lose (and almost snatch a win at the end), wasn’t a bad result.
4. The back three in Vlaar, Baker and Clark deserve special mention. Each have received heat from Villa fans, understandably so for some of their performances after the past year, but on the whole this season, they are turning up for work and putting in a decent shift.
5. Those Norwich City fans that still to this day give us hassle due to Lambert, saw their team get whacked 7-0 today…by a team we managed to beat 3-2. Life could be worse as a Villa fan. UTV
Follow MOMS on twitter – @oldmansaid
Follow MOMS on Google+ – click here
Too early in the season to be making sweeping statements about our fate.
A weakened squad got an away point.
Always love the “5 reasons” funny and true, yes not a great performance very hull again, but another clean sheet and an away point is good, BUT we must follow it with 3 pts next Saturday.
Poor, disjointed performance, neither team good enough or capable enough of breaking the deadlock. An away point is always a good outcome I guess, but sadly yet another Villa showing that left a lot to be desired.
Need to up our game if we are going to push on in the next 4 games coming up
Couldn’t pass the ball or keep possession against them and that a bit depressing in my book
Benteke looks a bit crap at present and missed Delph today
FFA gloss over the real situation no goals 60 percent possession for the hammers we are. Awful and relegation is once again 3 points away really really wake up Lambo egos is rubbish he brought players that don’t cut the mustard 2 poor strikers and tonev a joke enough is enought for me
Oh…and if you want another reason, check out the current Championship league table…
Comments are closed.