Last 90 minutes, Aston Villa fancy dress away day, another statement, the future is bright!
1. 90 minutes of this sorry season left. Next week football fans will be Tweeting ‘Oh, I don’t know what to do on Saturday now there’s no football’. F**k that. No more Villa-related suffering or torture for a couple of months is a massive bonus and relief. Anyway, there’s a World Cup on its way.
2. For an hour at least at the Etihad we had the makings of a decent looking bus. It was firmly parked until we suffered those four punctures. Defeat was inevitable since the team carried a limited threat going forward. Put Gabby and Albrighton in there, and parking the bus would have at least carried a potential threat on the counter. At least those two are looking likely to be fit for the final Spurs game.
3. Jack Grealish and Callum Robinson both got some minutes. While only on for a handful of minutes, Grealish made his debut for Villa. Hopefully, he’ll get more of a look in during the deadwood visit to White Hart Lane. If I was Lambert, I’d be tempted to give them both at least half-an-hour, or maybe even start one of them.
4. It’s the Aston Villa fancy dress away day at White Hart Lane. It should be fun in the capital with plenty of photo potential. Please do tweet you pictures and use our new easy to remember hashtag #MOMSFC .
Whatever you do at the end of the Spurs game, don’t start singing for Tim Sherwood to be the Villa boss. You know what happen at Norwich a couple of seasons ago! 😉
5. This time next week Aston Villa Football Club could be very different. Lets hope the rumour mill hasn’t led us all down the garden path to a big smelly compost heap of bull.