Benteke Injury, Clean Sheet Miracle and Kozák’s first goal
1. Clean sheet. Nuff said. 26 games without one was getting a bit embarrassing. A good confidence booster for a beleaguered Villa defence. Massive credit to Brad Guzan for two key saves (including penalty) and a commanding performance in claiming anything Norwich threw into the box.
2. Ciaran Clark, a victim of stick from Villa fans last season, showed growing maturity and was everywhere today. We’ll overlook him giving away a penalty (handball with one hand, while tugging the forward’s shirt with the other!). Bacuna also did a decent shift at right-back.
3. Three trips to Carrow Road under Paul Lambert and three wins. Can we play them every week?
4. Lambert says Christian Benteke’s injury seems to be a hip flexor problem, after he slipped on the Carrow Road turf. The Villa boss also stated that Benteke was a “quick healer”. We’ll no doubt find out the full story on Monday, but reading between the lines, Benteke’s injury doesn’t seem to be too bad. Touch wood. Finger’s crossed. Etc, etc.
5. Libor Kozák opened his Villa account within seconds after replacing Benteke. It’s a good omen for Villa fans, with the Czech forward giving them some light at the end of the tunnel of Benteke’s injury UTV.
Can you think of any other reasons? Please add them in the comments section below. UTV
Follow MOMS on Twitter – @oldmansaid
Follow MOMS on Facebook