Double whammy of lower league knockout stress within less than a week. This time at The Den vs Millwall. The worst thing though it was of little surprise. Listening to the Millwall game in the radio it sounded exactly like the one I’d watched with my eyes vs Bradford at Villa Park. Conceding a goal from a corner…that was predictable too. Oh well. UTV
1. Those fans who have learnt their football knowledge from Sky Sports and thought Villa should concentrate on the League have got their wish. Yeah, what’s the point of bothering in the cup when your 90 minutes from Wembley and have the prospect of winning it? Of course, winning trophies are pointless in football now… Rubbish. When Villa were good, such defeats would mean our season was now over in January. With the Millwall defeat, there now is only the league as a focus. It a shame that the player’s confidence is now totally crushed by losing against lower league teams. The mentality now is anyone can beat Villa. Didn’t think about that did you?
2. No more conceding goals from corners in cup matches, we can concentrate on doing it in the league now.
3. Getting knocked out of two cups by two lower league teams in the space of three days, doesn’t mean automatic relegation for being useless. Phew. There still maybe hope.
4. Apparently our manager said, “we’ll be fine”. Thank god for that.
5. Oh…and that, ‘we”ll go again”. That’s also smashing news. Good on him. Two pieces of good news in a week to make up for each of those cup defeats. UTV
Thanks to MOMS readers for the following alternative FRTBC after Millwall on twitter. Here’s a couple of them :
1. We scored
2. They only scored two
3. Hutton might leave (Real Mallorca apparently interested)
4. It wasn’t on TV so we didn’t have to watch it
5. No footie for four days for Villa
1. Got further in the FA Cup than Small Heath
2. We’re not in the bottom three
3. The thaw
4. Away following brill
5. I don’t support Small Heath
…and as Joey Holmes points out we got a Saturday without losing!
Follow MOMS on Twitter – @oldmansaid
Follow MOMS on Google+ here