Every time Villa don’t pick up a maximum three points or get called ’embarrassing’ by Alan Hansen, in what is the second new regular MOMS column, we’ll provide five reasons for a Villa fan to keep the doom and gloom away. UTV
1. Villa are on a three-game unbeaten run at Villa Park
2. Fabian Delph didn’t get booked against Norwich City. Be thankful for minor miracles.
3. Brad Guzan keeps growing in statue. Another decent game for the new Villa number one.
4. Morale on the Villa bench seems very good (see above pic). This is good news for when fringe squad players such as Darren Bent and Stephen Ireland get their chance!
5. It’s Benteke and not ‘Benteskey’. A handful of games in a new league, settling in a new country and he’s only 21. A strikers miss chances, but Christian Benteke looks like he could produce the goods for Villa. Cool finish against Norwich. I feel we’ll get a better return from him than most of Villa’s strikers in recent years.
PS- Also, Villa are still in the League Cup for at least another 48 hours.
Follow MOMS on Twitter – @oldmansaid